Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ciaté nail polish review

Meggyums was kind enough to get me the Ciaté mini mani month and I really loved it. I love the concept of a nail polish advent calender, and considering dad continually ate all of my chocolates from our usual calender, this was good since he pretty much hated it. It gave me a chance to try colours I wouldn't usually try and it's miniature bottles which I prefer. 

I have never tried this brand and I have to say that I loved it! It dries pretty fast, the colours look the same way on your nails as they look in the bottle and I like the brush. The quality seems pretty good as I painted  my nails on boxing day (two coats plus a top coat) and while my nails usually start to look bad after about two days, my nails still look presentable with unnoticeable chips. After I sail they typically look terrible but I went sailing yesterday and they are still looking good.
I would say there are only two cons to this brand. The smell while putting it on is very strong, so I recommend painting your nails with Ciaté polishes in a well ventilated area. Secondly and more importantly, they are pretty pricey at US$15 for a 0.45 ounce bottle. 
the calender after I slipped it out of the cardboard packaging 

Not just my favourite nude from the calender but ever. It isn't sheer like most nudes are nor is it sparkly. It's just a nice, flat, pale brown called cookies and cream.


my favourite "fun" colour from the calender is headliner. It's a beautiful flat turquoise colour, I love it.
My favourite nail polish brands are Kiko (only in Europe :( but their polishes are only a euro fifty) and Ciaté.

No comments:

Post a Comment