Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 12, 2012

Book review: A year without autumn

Hey! As much as fashion is good, Education is important too. That's why I have decided to do a sort of book review on some (possibly all) the books on my list "awesome books", which you can find on the right hand side of my blog.

Today's review is: A Year without Autumn; By Liz Kessler.

This is Liz's most recent book. I've read and adored every children's novel she's written, so going into this book, I had high expectations.
Jenni Green lives an organised life where nothing ever changes. So when she goes to her family condo with her best friend, Autumn, like she does every year, she doesn't think anything of it. Autumn has crazy-fun artist parents who travel the world and wear designer clothes. She always has a wild plan to drag Jenni into. When Jenni uses an old elevator the manager was trying to fix to go up to Autumn's condo, she gets transported a year into the future. She finds that her life and the lives of the people around her are a total disaster that she hates being in. Now with sneaky questions, and help from old Mrs. Smith, she must find out what happened to her life and why her best friend Autumn isn't talking to her.
Towards the end, I thought I was going to get an ordinary expected ending, but she did it again and blew me away!
This book sends a well needed message of friendship, destiny love and the power of determination and curiousity.

No comments:

Post a Comment