Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Latest obsession: necklaces

I go through "phases" in my style. I have obsessions with a certain kind of bracelet, wearing t-shirts or maybe buying only one print. This time it's these simple necklaces.

There's something about that uniform line of charms resting delicately around your neck that I just love the look of. For me, these necklaces just complete an outfit. Sometimes, it's the only piece of jewellery I'm wearing and I just feel complete.

I only have two, but I feel almost like they are the only two I need.

Dress: Roxy girls
Necklace: Forever 21 (similar, but I think I actually prefer this one!)
 This first one I got at Forever 21. It's a simple strand of daisies. The necklace itself is gold, the petals for the flowers are a pearly sort of bead and the centre is made with a little rhinestone. It's dainty, girly and looks great with plain tops, v-necks and spaghetti strap style tops as shown in the picture. This necklace is pretty dressy, and can transform a look from day to night. This was a steal at $6.80.

Top: Lilly Pulitzer
Necklace: Francesca's (similar at forever 21)
This one was purchased at Francesca's. I didn't love it as much when I bought it as I do now. Again, it's gold   with a row of pink triangles. The triangles alternate between a hot pink and a paler shade of pink. Meggyums is convinced that if I fall with this necklace on, the tip of the triangles might stab me, but they are far from sharp so that is very unlikely! I feel like this necklace goes with anything, and also gives a slightly edgy look to an outfit. I found this on sale for $10, which for me is slightly pricey for costume, but it feels like a much better quality than Forever 21 and I love it, so it was more than worth it.


P.S. Big up to Big Ben in the background of the second picture

No comments:

Post a Comment