Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Views of a bowtie

I recently caught up with one of Meggyums' friends, Mumford, to chat about bow ties. Here's how it went.The things in these [ ] funny little things are my side comments. Words in purple are me, the interviewer and words in blue italics are Mumford.



How old were you when you got your first bow tie?
I was 11.
What did it look like?
It was yellow with navy polka dots.
[sounds cute]

Why do you like bow ties so much, Mumford?
I like bow ties because they are very classy and are the style of true southern gentleman, which I strive to be.They do a lot of the talking for you, they show confidence and dominance.
[Agreed!]

What animal looks cutest in a bow tie? (please don't say cat!)
The best animals would have to be peacocks or penguins (I am not much of a cat person, sorry to burst your bubble)
[No bubbles burst!]

Describe you dream bow tie for me please.
Oh my, one does not simply describe a dream bow tie.
[Well we'll see about that.]

Do you think that bow ties will ever be what this silly society we live in "trendy"?
Bow ties will always be trendy to the upper class and higher society, it's not that the bow ties have died off, but it is that the people that lack class do not appreciate them, therefore see them as a thing of the past. Bow ties will never die, a proper bow beats a plain tie any day. It all depends on who you surround yourself with.
[Well said, my boy!]

Mumford also added:
I honestly love all of Vineyard Vines' bow ties and southern proper's, I can't get a picture of my all time favorite which is one I own because my computer is messing up. [Such a shame!]



I asked him for 3 of his favourite bow ties from the web. His top picks were from Vineyard Vines, Bird Dog Bay and Southern Proper.

I think that Mumford sounds like a good, true gentleman. All his striving has paid off! As for what I think of bow ties, my view is pretty much the same as Mumford. I wish girls could pull off bow ties! But then again, that's why we have bow clips.


I have selected a couple ties myself. I love the first one from Vineyard Vines, but the second handmade one from Etsy is a little more... manly.













I just wish that the people of Hollywood etc. would stop thinking of bow ties as a joke and bring them back. Preppy is "cool", "trendy" is silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment