Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 26, 2012

YAY!

A couple months back my camera was working really slowly, so I thought I needed a new one. I asked for one for Christmas this month. Dad tried to fix it and it turned out something is wrong with the flash.
In July, I entered a regional competition to celebrate my country's 50th anniversary. The prize giving was today, I won 2nd place in my age group (our school was the only secondary group that entered!) and guess what I won...
Yep, a camera!
It's a 14 megapixel Olympus camera.

Here's the poem that I wrote:


I LOVE MY HOME LAND
I love my home land
for the sweet chimes of a big steel band.

There’s always a warm, welcoming beach
that’s never very far out of your reach.

We have our beautiful Scarlet Ibis and Cocrico.
For a getaway “down-the-islands”, just hop on a boat and go!

My favourite is underwater, stingrays and starfish!
Snorkelling and diving here is not far from a wish.

I can’t forget our colourful cuisine.
On the streets, food from around the world can be seen.

You can eat doubles, a roti or drink a coconut,
and let’s not forget we can beat any cricket team’s butt!

I’m exceedingly proud of our Olympic athletes too,
especially Hasely and Keshorn, they really came through.

Down here we’ll race anything- car, goat or crab,
plus for carnival we have Moko-jumbies and Jab Jab. 

The best part is, we are not so remote,
you can get to my home land by canoe, plane or boat!



P.S. Sorry this post is so late, I had gymnastics today

No comments:

Post a Comment