Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 17, 2013

earth-conscious fashion


We all love the earth, so let's do what we have to do to help it. Here are five earth-conscious products for you to try this year, you might just love it!

1- Hurley board shorts- the beach rider style pictured here are the comfiest pair of boardshorts I own. I get loads of compliments on them and they are made of recycled polyester! What can be better? They are a bit pricey online, but my brother got mine at Marshal's for $5. (The link is to the pair I have, but they have tons of cute designs.)

2- Lily Bloom purses- this purse is currently my go to purse. The body is made of recycled plastic and it comes in bright cute prints. You can purchase them on eBay and Amazon for a fair amount of money, or head to a Marshals or TJ Maxx and see if you can spot one. I got mine for $20! The style pictured holds quite a bit despite the size.

3- Life is Good, Good Karma- the Good Karma collection features super soft organic tees sporting lines of optimism and motivation. I love the cozy feel of my Life is Good tee. Check Rue La La for the occasional deal on these shirts.

4- Planet Flop flip flops- I haven't tried these shoes, but I think it's a good idea. They are flip flops made of natural rubber. Every time a pair is purchased, they plant a tree. They are a little pricey, but I want to try these sandals and help the earth.

5- newSky running shoes- New Balance shoes are the comfiest running shoes you can own. When I wear my pair it feels like I have springs underneath my feet. I am so happy that they have come out with this line of  eco-friendly shoes. I will admit that they aren't the most attractive shoes, but they are recycled and will probably be the most comfortable things ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment